Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Good Progress Today

Today I spent a few hours in MusicBridge. I upgraded some of the code to be thread safe as required by .NET 2.0

I then spent a little time modifying the installer and changing the location of the logfile to a more Vista friendly location.

I still have a few more threadsafe issues to resolve, then I need to go through the existing functionality and make sure it is all working as expected. Then I will look at the couple of feature requests that were made here or on the discussion group.

What do you guys think about the user interface? Do you think it needs an overhaul? Is it too confusing?

What about the command line options, are they working OK for you?

As part of the 2.0 release I will include real documentation that goes beyond the readme. The most common misconception that people have with MusicBridge is that it will physically move files between the two apps, I will address that and other questions in the documentation.

I will also need your help beta testing the application on both Vista and XP so that I can try and get it as stable as possible before the 2.0 release.

I plan to keep MusicBridge free, and I really appreciate those who have sent me donations through paypal. The donate button can be found on the MusicBridge web page at jrmwillis.googlepages.com

No comments: